2013-04-29

Rachel, Nevada...




So what is the hype of this town?  Besides low flying aircraft signs along the highway; however, you start seeing low flying aircrafts signs along US-93 to NV-375 and various parts of Nevada in the rural areas; Rachel only has a diner that has some items all dealing with aliens, in fact the name of the diner is Little Alien Diner. Prices of the food is not bad, prices on the collector items are not bad, similar to a gift shop you will find in Las Vegas, Nevada.  No gas station, in fact, there is nothing in this town!  With all the hype that people have put into this town in Las Vegas, I was disappointed.  I found Alamo, Nevada to be more interesting than Rachel and Caliente, Nevada a lot more than Alamo.  Would I return to Rachel?  Only to see if I can catch more of the low flying aircrafts that are flown by the USAF along the highway.  You can hear sonic booms when they break the sound barrier, but definitely not in the near future would I go there, nor would I even think of taking someone to show them the town, unless they persist on seeing the "Extraterrestrial Highway".


No comments:

Post a Comment