2013-07-16

Incident Command Post Carpenter 1

Carpenter 1 Fire Information Board


Today I visit the ICP Carpenter 1, learned some things from the PIO, to put into use in the future and walked out with an invitation and a schedule photo shoot.  As I spoke to the PIO and explained what had happen to me a few days back, immediately the PIO understood and knew that I had received my “experience in California”, for they made reference to that State and I was instructed that Nevada is very “competitive” among their “media photographers trying get that one shot”, in fact the PIO advised me that at this incident they had a media personnel attempt to gain access by pretending to be a resident, but they were stopped on their tracks by “Metro”.   During our improv meeting the PIO recognized IFPA, understood what I do, and commanded me for doing my research on keeping up to date with their policies, e.g. NWCG memo pertaining to media access and guidelines.  The PIO managed to set up a photo shoot for me and invited me to tour the area on a different day, which I already have the time for it.  I’m looking forward to the photo shoot, however, large or small it may be, but still it’s a shoot.


USFS Fire UT-13, unk, CA-BDF E314, BLM Fire 3630 & 3634, USFS Fire Unk Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment