2009-07-23

The Economy

Well, I've been on vacation and been back for about two weeks. I was shocked to see a State that when you buy food at the grocery store the screen and the receipt will show the item you are buying, i.e., corn, and next to it will show "N" for NO TAX. Now that is normal, anywhere you go that is what you are going to see, food does not get taxed unless of course it is prepared. The shocker came when at the end of the tally there was a TAX!!! Yes, you read correctly the receipt showed "Corn 12 @ 0.20 $4.00 N" and at the end you it showed the total, and a second total which they were collecting that involved a Tax of .11, when asked about and they stated it's the State Tax, knowing they are not suppose to charge tax on food and the receipt shows it, they still do...oh the State in question ILLINOIS. As I read a post that has nothing to do with the economy, but the final quote should be applied here... U.S. should pull out of Washington, the crooks are in the big house now.

I manage to see my acquaintance the day before, but left when they got off work. Of course I did not spend all day at their job, the day before I was running some errands after picking up the Jeep and attended the Neighborhood Watch meeting. The chick that caught my eyes at the first meeting, well, she’s not bad looking but she seems to be out there trying to get the “community” to get together and get to know each other (something of twenty plus years ago) and trying to do too much too soon. Hopefully it would be a good turn out, I know I have to be there since I was elected as one of the “block captain” in the community. I did volunteered to help setup and breakdown the event, but she wants everyone to bring something – pot-luck style – to me that sounds dangerous, not everyone cooks and with the economy now its hard to buy beyond your budget, I still do not know what I’ll be bringing to the event.

SPEAKING ABOUT THE ECONOMY, it is sad to find out that the legislature have joined the idiots of EPA and their affiliates to add more hardship unto the citizens by voting and allowing the stores to charge for the plastic groceries bags above and beyond the cost of food, and to my understanding there is no alternative unless you carry your own bags to be packed. Congress managed to pass a bill with a hidden law from the citizens nicknamed “The Hate Crime”, which if I recall failed on its own the first time. People wake up! Congress is suppose to be OUR VOICE, “…for the people, by the people…” Congress IS NOT supposes to operate on their opinion or “special” interest groups. Speaking to a gentleman and seeing the hurt in his eyes as he spoke about his country that was beautiful and free – yes, I used the word WAS – he explained to me about the things that people had and how the people let the GOVERNMENT TAKE OVER and they LOST their FREEDOM, and became COMMUNISM…. this country is Cuba. You might sit there and say to yourself, “This won’t happen to us.”, how many of the Cubans back in the days said that to themselves, obviously many did as I can see the hurt in the man’s eye as he spoke about it…and when he pulled out a faded letter that is still readable, he was a political refugee because he was part of the government of Cuba and defected to the United States of America for FREEDOM and now he sees this country doing the same thing that Cuba did. Now folks, I don’t know about you, but if a foreigner can see signs of trouble because they have already gone through it – now that is some scary stuff.

Experience comes after you had dealt with the problem, not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment