2009-07-01

Unorthodox research

Clothing style: It has made me wonder where the idea of wearing your trousers below the waist line had originated, at first I thought it was a misconception from the late 50's where the boxer was worn just above the waist line and the trouser still was worn at the waist line; however, after asking about it seems that I was wrong. I am surprise that the majority that I see about wearing such fashion ranges from all ages and race. My research have led to a rapper wearing their trouser low and that style was found in a state penal facility in New York, which indicates that the individual that wears the trouser below the waist line is available; the holding of the trouser while walking indicates that the individual is packing. To me that translate: Harassment - I don't blame the law enforcement for stopping and checking individuals for weapons and treating them as though they're ex-felons since that's where the style started (I'm tired of hearing folks complaining they were stopped by "popo" and yet their attire brings it upon themselves).

TSA: It would be great if TSA file bankruptcy and leaves the airport, I don't know how many of you have had the bad luck of dealing with them at "Check Point Charlie" at the airport. While speaking with a friend that have retired from the government, I was shocked to learn that TSA has more power than INS/Custom! TSA is a civilian base company contracted out to do a government job and they have more power? I was surprise to hear that, but by the same token in several locales TSA might have filed bankruptcy in several location (all East of the Rockies) according to my friend, guess we would have to see what takes place.

Customer Service: It's a shame that I had to move farther from one of my favorite restaurant hang-out, but I found one that was NRA friendly - so I thought. The changes that have taken place at the new hang-out have changed to the point you can see some of the workers with long face, things that were common to observe are no longer. For example it is busy and before everyone seemed to jump in and move the people about to get them seated, now they wait and wait for a server to acknowledge them and the new manager only assist if one of the servers says something or there is no "heavy" traffic at the door and the place is almost empty...the manager spends more time checking their cellular phone, giggling and texting. Guess today's society does not know the meaning of customer service and experience and rather have upset, nasty, mean, etc., customers that might not come back and most likely tell their friends not to even go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment